My name is Nathaniel (Nate) Tucker and I am a native of Washington, DC--not the outskirts of DC, but within the 20002 zip code living only two miles from the United States Capital. I could literally walk one block over and see the United States Capital within distant eyesight. I am a product of the District of Columbia Public School System. I have great memories at each school attended-- Ruth K. Webb Elementary, Browne Junior High School and Eastern Senior High School.
Learning new things has always been a part of my life. This city guy moved to Cleveland, Tennessee in August of 1990 to attend Tomlinson College ('92.) I enrolled at Lee College, now Lee University in August 1992 after graduating from Tomlinson College with an Associate's Degree. I graduated from Lee College in 1995 with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems and Business Administration.
A year before graduating from Lee College, I started working as a part-time employee writing reports and later secured a full-time job as an application developer for an IBM AS400 mid-range system. As a result of continuing to increase my skill sets, I grew through ranks of IT which accompanied a tremendous amount of knowledge capture.
After being out of school for ten years, I enrolled at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in 2006 as a graduate student pursing a Master's of Business Administration which I completed in 2008 with a pretty good GPA of 3.53. I mention this because I had a ten-year gap between college and graduate school which was a hurdle that I had to overcome--transitioning back to formal education life was different than the self-pace learning that I became accustomed to.
I have been married since February 2002 to Stacey. She has a PhD in Sociology from the University of Tennessee and is currently teaching full-time as an Associate Professor for the American Public University System.
We have two girls-Layla and Lilly. Both of the girls went through the Early Learning Center at Lee University which prepared them for grade school. They are currently enrolled in the Cleveland City School System and we love it. We have been blessed with amazing teachers since kindergarten that have genuinely cared about our children.
Stacey and I have been attending the North Cleveland Church of God for nearly 20 years as a married couple. We are actively involved in the Covenant Couples Sunday School class and I served on the Pastor's and Church Council January 2019 to 2021.
Our kids are engaged with the respective children's ministries for their age groups.
- Director of Information Technology for Lee University since January 2011
- Cleveland City School Board AtLarge Member from 2020 to present
- Junior Achievement of the Ocoee Region Board Member since 2021
- Operation Compassion Board Member Since 201
- Rotary Club of Cleveland Member April 2023
- Vice Chair of Public Image July 2023
- Southeast Education User’s Group Board since 2013
- Board Chair since 2021-2023
- Board Vice-Chair from 2017 to 2021
- North Cleveland Church of God Pastor's and Church Council 2019-2021
- George R. Stuart Elementary School
- PTO President May 2018 to May 2019
- PTO Board Member 2017 - 2019
- Part-time Faculty for Lee University 2007-2020